Thursday, November 17, 2011

Robyn's Must Haves

I thought it would be fun for the Top to Bottom family to share our "must have" lists for cloth diapering.  Each of us has a very different selection of things on our lists and I would be shocked if both Jess and I had anything alike.  If you don't know us personally, we are essential opposites in a lot of things (which makes for a great pair!)  It is almost hilarious to see the differences between us--that is no different when it comes to cloth diaper preferences! 

To start us off, I am going to share my must have list.  These are in no particular order, just however my pregnant brain thinks of them :)

1. Eco Sprout cloth diaper detergent-- We use it for EVERYTHING at our house from diapers and wipes to kids and adult clothes and towels!  We keep the 96 load bag in a two supply at our house, just to make sure we don't get low!

2.  Thirsties Fab Wipes-- These things are the softest wipes!  We use them for cloth wipes, for face wiping, for bath time--everything.  We still have the first wipes we purchased 3 1/2 years ago  and they are in fabulous shape still--they are made to last!

3.  Thirsties Duo Wrap-- While we are on the topic of Thirsties, I will go ahead and share one of my favorite diaper covers.  Again, we bought ours nearly 3 years ago and they are in great shape, ready to use on baby #4 when he fits into them.  We never have leaks with them and have no complaints!

4.  Weehuggers Laundry Bags-- Newer to the market, these bags are AMAZING.  I am a big bag fan so I knew these would be right up my alley and I was not disappointed.  The patch inside this bag serves the purpose of eliminating the poo order--essential with a kiddo who poos four times a day like mine always has.  This bag is a must have.

5.  Diaper Sprayer-- Some moms say they could do without....I could not.  As I mentioned, the babies at our house love to poop and, as a result, I like to have something to peel the poop right off the diaper and the diaper sprayer peels it right off--no dunk and swish, no soaking, spray and it's off.  Fabulous :)

6.  Bummis TotBot Easy Fit diapers-- Holy cow....these diapers were not the first diapers I started with but they have become my stash and my go to diaper of choice.  My husband would agree, these diapers are fabulous.  They are easy peasy and the most daycare friendly diaper ever!

7.  CJ's BUTTer-- If you know me, you know my love of CJ's.  We have three sensitive kiddos in the house currently and we use it for EVERYTHING from diaper rash solution to ezcema, hand cream--everything, no joke.  It also makes a great solution to those baby chapped cheeks in the winter.  We keep a good three or four around the house just for easy access and it comes in a variety of packaging---whatever you prefer :)

8.  Rumparooz Pail Liner-- At first, I was not sold on pail liners but Jess changed my mind with the Rumparooz pail liner.  I got my first one in Monster print (which scares Jess, hehe) and soon got a second print (Robotronic :) ) for when the first is in the wash.  I leave it in a trash can without a lid--yeah--no lid....and guess what?  No smell... it's heavenly, I swear.

9.  Ju Ju Be diaper bag-- This is a FABULOUS diaper bag for a cloth diapering mama (or dad!).  Again, I am a big bag fan so this is my kind of bag.  The Ju Ju Be brand holds cloth diapers and the accessories so well--even x2!

10.  EcoSprouts Bottom Spray-- This is always in our diaper bag.  I used to wet wipes and carry them in a small wet bag when we would leave the house (we don't ever use disposable wipes because I am cheap...and too much of a treehugger---to a fault, actually) but, after a few times of forgetting and having to wet the wipes by dumping water from a water bottle, we opted to carry a pre-made wipe solution.  This solution does the trick and we don't leave home without it now!

There you have my top ten must have products.  This is just my list of my favorite cloth diapering products (and what we always have on hand).  What are YOUR favorites and must haves?

0 comments: