When you schedule a Diapering 101 class with us we will bring the fluffy love to your door. Invite a few friends over and we’ll educate them on all things Cloth.
There are many options when it comes to cloth, Prefolds & Covers, All-in-Ones, Pocket Diapers, and Fitted Diapers. Depending on which system you choose to use, you’ll need a different number of diapers to begin with.
Here is a run down of the suggested amounts of diapers you will need to start out with any system.
- 2-3 dozen prefolds
- 1 diaper cover/4 prefolds
- Some sort of fastener is optional
- 18-24 diapers if you use AIOs exclusively. If you want a few on hand for outings or other times when they would be convenient, then 3-4 would be fine.
- 18-24 diapers if you plan on using pocket diapers exclusively. If you want a few on hand for outings or other times when they would be convenient, then 3-4 would be fine.
- At least as many inserts as you have pocket diapers. Some inserts are more trim and you may need 2 for daytime and even more for nighttime use.
- 2-3 dozen diapers
1 cover/4 fitteds
Extra’s that make Cloth Diapering easier
Liners (optional, but saves diapers from staining and will help keep baby feeling dry) 1-1/2 cloth wipes for every 1 diaper (ie 24 diapers = 36 wipes)(optional, but so easy to use and throw in the wash with the diapers) Cloth Wipe Solution 12 doublers (depending on what you use and the needs of your baby) Wool Covers and Wool Longies Wool wash Dryer Balls Baby Legs
Things you’ll need no matter what system you choose